Here are some step by step instructions on how to sign up for one of the awesome leagues at Chicken N Pickle.
- Go to chickennpickle.com. Select your location (e.g. Wichita). Click on Leagues from the top navigation bar. Then click on the Sign Up for League button in the middle of the page.
- Sign in to your Chicken N Pickle account. If you do not already have one, click the Sign Up button to create your account. This is important because this is where you can provide your shirt size. Occasionally, Chicken N Pickle gives out free league shirts to current league players and this is how they know what sizes to order for everyone.
- Clicking the Sign Up Now button will take you to a list of all leagues currently accepting registrations. If you want to see a more refined list, click on the appropriate option: Men’s, Mixed, or Women’s. NOTE: The beginner league is usually listed under the Mixed category but teams may consist of any gender combination.
- Click on your desired league and then scroll down to the bottom to register. Enter your team name and then click the Register a Team button. Read the terms, accept the waiver, and hit Submit. Then all that is left to do is make the payment. NOTE: The split payment option is no longer available so one of the team members must pay the full fee and then the two team members can just settle up outside of the Chicken N Pickle site. Venmo is perfect for this.
- Once you have registered your team, you can invite your partner by sharing the private team invitation link offline (copy the link and text it to your partner) or by entering your partner’s email address in the Private Team Invitation box and clicking the Send button.
That’s all there is to it. It is super easy to sign up for a league. Personally, I find the most challenging part of this process to be finding the right partner. With my current group fitness teaching schedule (I teach Aqua Zumba every single week night except Friday night), my availability is quite limited so finding a league and a partner that can accommodate my schedule is super tough.
That said, if you are looking for a partner, many people have had success simply posting that they are in search of a league partner in the Wichita Pickleball Facebook group. If you wish to be more discreet than this in your partner search, hit me up and I will help you find one offline. See you on the courts!