The pickleball courts at Chicken N Pickle are always in such high demand. It is not uncommon to see days like this where there isn’t any availability at all.
If you are looking to play at CNP, I highly recommend reserving your court as soon as possible.
Reservations are made online. You can reserve a court up to two weeks in advance and the process is super quick and easy.
Here are some step-by-step instructions:
- From the Chicken N Pickle website, select the location you wish to visit.
- Click on the BOOK COURT button on the upper right corner of the page.
- Scroll down and click on either BOOK INDOOR COURT or BOOK OUTDOOR COURT, depending on which type of court you wish to reserve.
In Wichita, outdoor courts are typically much cheaper to reserve than indoor courts on the weekdays but you are exposed to the elements. On the weekends, there is no price difference.
It is also worth noting that not all outdoor courts are created equal. Some CNP locations have “covered” outdoor courts. The hourly rates may vary between locations so, if cost is a factor, be sure to check the hourly reservation fees for that specific location before completing your reservation.
- Select the date, duration (you can reserve anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours), and the number of courts you wish to reserve for your group (up to 3 courts). If you need more than 3 courts, you’ll either want to book your special event through their event coordinator (Sasha Berg in Wichita) or contact the resident pickleball pro (Michael Harris in Wichita).
- Select the time frame you wish to reserve from the picker. As you can see, the middle of the day usually gets booked up first.
- Once you’ve selected your desired time, click the BOOK THIS TIME button.
- You will be prompted to indicate how many paddles you wish to rent (at $3 each) and how many balls you wish to purchase (also $3 each).
- Click the “Skip – No Equipment Needed” link if you already have balls and paddles.
- Enter any discount codes or gift cards you wish to use and then click CHECKOUT.
- Enter your contact and payment information on the next page and then click MAKE RESERVATION.
- You have about ten minutes to complete your reservation before your cart expires but this is more than enough time to complete all of the steps. They only hold the courts for a limited time because the courts are in such great demand. If you do not complete your booking before the time limit, the courts are released and made available for the next reservation.
- CNP sends an email confirmation of your court reservation to the email address that you provided during the checkout process. Hang on to this email because there is a link in the email that you need to click in the event that you need to cancel your reservation. If you accidentally delete or lose the email, you can also call CNP to cancel or reschedule. Everything is so much easier to online, though.
The intended audience for this site is the Wichita pickleball community but I tried to make the instructions as “generic” as possible so you can book courts at any of the soon-to-be eight CNP locations across the nation.
The steps are pretty much the same. The main difference will be in the price of the courts per hour. The local phone number (in case you need to cancel or have questions regarding your reservation) will also vary but your reservation confirmation email will have the appropriate information listed on it. Or you can look up the phone number for that particular location online on the CNP website, if you’ve already deleted or lost the email.
I hope you find this how-to guide helpful. See you on the pickleball courts!